Type: Surfcamp Atmosphere | Level: Beginner, Intermediate
Period of time: 01/04 to 31/10/2019 | Duration: open
Start date: open
In cooperation with the youth hostel Westerland “Dikjen Deel” we are offering optional a surf camp on Sylt for the very first time. This is one of the very few in Germany.
We offer camp visits for 7-day periods, or only for a weekend. You can choose between different accommodations. From a double room with en suite bathroom to a big robust tent for 6 people that is equipped with a solid ground and proper beds. The youth hostel “Dikjen Deel” is well-known for its excellent meals. You will get full board – that means a rich breakfast and dinner buffet, and a packed lunch. The grounds offer many recreational options like beach volleyball fields, beach soccer, basketball courts, or ping-pong tables.
A 7-day stay in camp includes a beginners’ course. On 5 days we will take you to the water for 2 hours. Before every session you will learn some theory, something about the science of waves, the right-of-way rules, the tides, and the equipment. The camp also offers advanced classes and three different free surf sessions for those among yourselves who already know how to surf. Equipment such as surfboards or wet suits will be provided by us. When staying a whole week, you will have at least two, if not three, teaching units.
- All-inclusive care from our professional surf coaches
- 2 hours of surf lessons a day (5 days a week)
- Surf theory
- Accommodation and meals in the camp
- Surf analysis
Surf & Spot info
- Best season: June - October
- Swell size: 2 – 3 ft.
- Breaks: Beach Breaks
- Wetsuit: 3/2 (mm)
- Water temperature: 17°C
- Temperature: 25°C
- Countryside: Deciduous forests, floodplain forests and sand dunes
- Short description:
Sylt is a rather small island in the North Sea, and is known for its long and beautiful sand beaches, which are more than 35 km long. There seems to be an infinite amount of sandy sea beds (beach breaks) and empty waves (line-ups) that invite to come surfing.
- Home base: Germany - Baakdeel-Rantum
- Group size: unlimited
- Coach: Lenny Jung
- Accomodation: optional Youth Hostel Westerland "Dikjen Deel" or Premium-Accommodation
- Catering: Vollpension
- Getting there: We would be pleased to assist you with your planning.
- Airport (and transfer): Shuttle-Service
- Alternative fun activities: SUP, Kitesurfing, horseback riding
- Prices upon request
Request now - Package: Sylt
Save your spot now and experience unforgettable surfing moments.
We will contact you with a confirmation and further details.