Type: Adventure | Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Period of time: 01/01 to 31/12/2019 | Duration: open
Start date: open
The accommodation is optional located in Swakopmund, a former German colonial city. Founded in 1892, many of the city’s streets and hotels still bear German names, and the half-timbered buildings further highlight the German influence. We offer the option of staying in a Surf House, but also offer an upgrade to premium accommodation. Swakopmund lies right on the coast, with surf spots in walking distance.
With Skeleton Bay, Namibia not only has access to one of the world’s best waves, but also provides many opportunities for adventure and stunning moments with its breath-taking nature, incomparable wildlife, and diverse mix of cultures. This makes our package very customisable: depending on wave conditions and our guests’ priorities, surfing does not necessarily have to be the focus. With our “Extreme Moments” and 4×4 Drive tours, the package provides countless alternative ways to get to know the country’s many faces. For example, on a safari along the northern Skeleton Coast, you will see jackals, hyenas, and springboks, but you might even see Lions and Elephants roaming the desert. Whichever way you choose to experience Namibia, a trip full of adventure is guaranteed.
- All-inclusive care from our professional surf coach
- Housing in a Surf House or Premium Accommodation
- Authentic surfer entertainment trips: Adventure Trips and sightseeing to the most beautiful places of Namibia
Surf & Combinations
- Surf Coaching
- Adventure Surf Tours to the best surf spots
- Equipment (board, wet suit, leash)
- Practice overall surf fitness with your surf coach in theory and in the field (training without waves, warm-ups, stretching), receive documents for further training on your own – created by our professional fitness coaches
- Adventure Tour, camping in the desert with Sandboarding and BBQ
- Boat Trip with fishing and surf
- Camping Surf Trip to Cape Cross where you will find one of the largest seal colony in the world
Surf & Spot info
- Best season: April - May
- Swell size: 3 - 6 ft.
- Breaks: Mostly Beach Breaks, Point Breaks
- Wetsuit: 4/3 (mm)
- Water temperature: 15 - 18°C
- Temperature: 20 - 28°C
- Countryside: Desert & Savannah
- Short description:
The Namib, which is where Namibia gets its name from, is the oldest desert on the planet and one of the most inhospitable places in the world, and yet the land will surprise you with its varied vegetation. Who would expect to find one of the world’s best waves here? However, the environment is exactly what makes Donkey Bay such a unique experience: with a length of more than 2 miles and a powerful tube, this wave is unrivalled and has risen to fame. However, there are many other high-quality waves just waiting to be discovered on abandoned beaches with eerily beautiful shipwrecks.
- Home base: Namibia - Swakopmund
- Coach: Fred O.
- Accomodation: Optional
- Catering: Optinal Half board
- Getting there: We would be pleased to assist you with your planning.
- Airport (and transfer): Shuttle-Service
- Alternative fun activities: Safari tour in the National Park, Sky Diven, Hike
- Prices upon request
Request now - Package: Namibia
Save your spot now and experience unforgettable surfing moments.
We will contact you with a confirmation and further details.