Freddy was born in Berlin, so he grew up without an ocean at his doorstep. He started surfing at the age of 13 and, from then on, has dedicated his whole life to it. He spent his whole life working in the surfing industry and graduated with a degree in business administration.
- Nickname: Freddy
- Date of birth: 1984, Berlin
- Height: 178 cm
- Weight: 70 kg
- Specialization: Surf Coach for Beginner to Advance
- Homebase: Munich, Berlin, Portugal
- Workplace: Munich
- Jobs: Project Manager, Surf Coach
- Skills: Certified Sky Diving, Climbing & Diving License, Final Cut, Photoshop
- Interests: Snapshots of cultural scenes, exotic nature and active sports
- Other sports: Big Wave Surfing, Sky Diving, Free Diving, Muay Thai
I am a surfer, because ...
surfing makes me forget everything else around me. I am solely focused on surfing and nature. Also, I have never found any other passion or lifestyle in which I experience such a wide spectrum of emotions in the same moment.
- Coaching experience: 12 years
- Licences: STP License, ISA Surf Coach 1&2, NARS Lifesaver, DLRG Lifesaver
- Training grounds: All over the world
- Favorite coaching spots: Canary Islands, Portugal, South Pacific
- Stance: Goofy
- Shaper: Nexo, Light, DHD
- Magic Stick: 5.7 Nexo Air Model
- Favorite destination: South Pacific
- Favorite waves: Cloudbreak
- Favorite maneuver: Layback
- Spots to go: Rapa Nui
Period of time: 01/05 to 31/05/2022
Book this coach: Freddy Olander
I would like to book Freddy Olander as a coach for my surf trip.